Boyfriends come and go, but friends are forever. Yes, it may sound clichéd, but it's also true. Ditching your friends for a dude ranked number 8 on YourTango's list of 15 relationship mistakes we need to stop making
Throwing friendships to the curb for the sake of a guy doesn't make much sense.
Balancing a boyfriend and your girl friends sounds easy, but odds are, at one time or another we've probably all put friendships on the back burner when we got all excited about a new man. If you thought that move went unnoticed, think about how you feel about the friends who dropped off the face of the planet when they hooked up. Ouch.
To keep us on point, we've compiled a list of why our GFs are 10 times more awesome than any dude we've dated: Click here
to read our list of why friends trump BFs after the jump.
1. They won't break your heart.
2. Who else can make you laugh until you pee your pants -- and not judge?
3. They know what you're thinking by just a look.
4. When you're emotional they don't yell and call you crazy, they listen and understand.
5. You'll always have a dancing, shopping and gossiping partner.
6. They know all your flaws and love you anyway.
7. You can talk nonstop for 24 hours, and it's still not enough time.
8. Getting ready to go out is a lot more fun when they're around. Sometimes so much fun, you don't even make it out.
9. They understand it's the little things that matter.
10. They take you back, no questions asked, when you realize you're friends are indeed a lot more fun than your BF.So tell us:
What's your favorite girl-pal trait you don't get from your man?