Yep, politician Hajnal Ban lengthened her legs. First, ouch. Ms. Ban said she spent nine months in excruciating pain after having her legs broken and stretched. And second, how about heels lady?
But here's the kicker. She says she lengthened her legs to be taken more seriously as a politician. What does this say to short people? The average height of people with dwarfism is 4-foot-10-inches. Ban was 5-foot-1 pre-surgery and 5-foot-4 after. Don't they get "Little People, Big World" in Australia?
Is being a short girl really enough of a handicap in the workplace to go to these extremes?
Talks Funny Christian Bale--Everyone thinks Christian's hot for his body and cheekbones, right? Well, we think he's hot for his upper lip, which curls up ever-so-slightly when he speaks.
Talks Funny Tobey Maguire--Tobey talks out of the side of his mouth. That makes him seem sly and sultry, like he's got a dirty little secret that he's trying to share with us.
Short Stacks Mark Wahlberg--IMDB says Marky Mark is 5' 8-1/2", but we've heard from Boston bartenders that his shoulders can't clear a high top. That's okay -- being a wee bit short makes him look even more muscular.
Short Stacks Pharrell Williams--When you've got a sexy voice, a brilliant career AND you can play the drums, it kinda makes up for the fact that you only come up to our chins.
Short Stacks Elijah Wood--In real life, Elijah's a whopping 5'5". But in our fantasies, he will always be little Frodo Baggins of the Shire, hairy feet and all.
Oversized Features Adrien Brody--Oh, that nose pressed up against Halle Barry's cheek during their surprising Oscar night kiss. Since then, Adrien's nose has remained the embodiment of giddy, unabashed passion.
Oversized Features Jemaine Clement--His whole freaking face is huge, which always makes us wonder what kind of over-the-top sex expressions he's capable of producing.
Oversized Features Simon Baker--The owner of the most distracting eyebrows since Peter Gallagher, but we'd take them over the current crop over-landscaped Chace Crawford types any day.
Oversized Features Will Smith-- We remember an episode of "The Fresh Prince" where Carlton said of Will's ears, "You look like a car going down the street with both doors open." True, and yet only one of them is now a major movie star.
Scars Harrison Ford--The man who broke a thousand Wookiee hearts got his strapping chin scar when he tried to buckle his seatbelt. And there's nothing sexier than auto safety.
Julie, the shortest one in the office, doesn't buy that shorties get no respect: "As someone who is 5'0" without heels I can honestly say that I've never considered my height an impediment to being taken less seriously. In fact, I've often been told by people that I hold myself as if I was way taller. So! I guess what that says is that like the Aaliyah song "Age Ain't Nothin' But a Number," height ain't nothin' but a number, too. And it's really all in your mind."
And it turns out the ladies at The Frisky think Ms. Ban is a little nutso, too: "Would we like to have a few more inches so we don't have to ask for help when we want a box of Melba crackers from the top shelf at the grocery? Of course! But..." click here to read the rest.
Does anyone think their height is inhibiting? Tell us in the comments or @Lemondroptweets!
10. Arctic Ice Room The Qua Spa at Caesar's Palace Las Vegas offers an "Arctic Ice" treatment room, where "snow" falls from a domed ceiling through mint-infused air chilled to 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
Jae C. Hong, AP
9. Golf Ball Massage After hitting the links at Scottsdale's Four Seasons Resort at Troon North, you can have a "therapist" warm up some golf balls, and roll them along the large muscles of your spine and neck.
8. Doctor Fish Pedicure A type of carp called garra rufa, or "doctor fish," are used during pedicures at Yvonne Hair and Nails salon in Alexandria, Va. The fish eat dead areas of the skin, leaving just healthy new flesh behind.
Jacquelyn Martin, AP
7. Flaming Anti-Flu Treatment A man in the Jiaxing Zhejiang province of China undergoes a medicated fire treatment. The procedure is supposed to help prevent colds and flu.
6. Gold Facial Treatment Japan's Umo Inc. claims that covering the face with sheets of 24-carat gold is an effective (if not cost effective) method of fighting off wrinkles.
Junko Kimura, Getty Images
5. Snake Massage In the Israeli village of Talmey El'Azar, where reptile farmer/aesthetician Ada Barak uses tangles of king, corn and milk snakes in her massage treatments. Barak claims that find the creatures to be soothing.
Yonathan Weitzman, Reuters
4. Nightingale Droppings If snakes aren't cuttin' it, you can always rely on ol' fashioned bird poo. Spas such as Shizuku in NYC offer facials with nightingale droppings, which contain an enzyme that supposedly brightens the skin.
Jewel Samad, AFP / Getty Images
3. Leeches Demi Moore may be using these bloodsuckers for detox treatments, but in the Himalayan region of Jammu And Kashmir, leeches are used to treat a variety of ailments including blood disorders and immunity problems.
Awar Nazir, Scoopt / Getty Images
2. Bull Semen Hair Conditioning Bull semen conditioner is one of the new offerings of Hari's Salon in London. Hari's claims that the substance, when combined with a protein rich plant root, Katera, strengthens and adds shine to hair.
Morry Gash, AP
1. Knife Therapy A man cringes as he receives a "knife therapy" massage during a free procedure in Taipei. Local practitioners in this ancient form of massage claim it can cure sinus infections and headaches.
Get advice about love and relationships, sex tips, fashion tips, beauty news, ideas for entertaining at home, smart shopping, interior decor, women's health, thoughts on politics and news, plus funny videos, celebrity lists, and animal pictures on Lemondrop.com.